Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests depositing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server run by a hosting company. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. Thus, you can determine what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to build a website, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution offered by some file storage providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between independent packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web site hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a huge number of images with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to taking care of your email accounts. Some vendors provide site hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you want to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several videos and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to keep a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At MAAINC, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for particular web content only.